Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India has established "MoE's Innovation Cell (MIC)" to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of "Institution's Innovation Council (IICs)" across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
As per the guidelines of Ministry of Education, NRCM established Institutions Innovation Council (IIC) in the year 2018 with a vision of nurturing the culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurship among the students and faculty. The primary focus of IIC is to normalize the resources and create additional infrastructure for Product Development, commercialization and venture development.
The main objectives of NRCM Institution’s Innovation Council are:
- Skilling and training of students, faculty, Innovators and Entrepreneurs to take up Startuppreneurship which will be achieved by entrepreneurship and startup development program.
- Identifying ideas, POC, prototypes and translating them into product development and MVP stages through TRL activities.
- Conducting Ideathons, Hackathons and Boot camps to engage and develop interest among all students, faculties and Innovators.
- To Establish world class Incubation centers supported by different Govt. Agencies like DST, MSME, NITI Ayog etc.
- To create infrastructure for rapid prototyping, product development and MVP stage of Innovations.
- To inculcate generation of IPR’s among the faculty members, students and Innovators.
- Bridging the gap of research and commercialization of products flanking faculty members to adopt rather than sticking to research publications.
- Empowering startups for business technology and marketing support.
- Effective implementation of Pre-Incubation, Incubation and acceleration programs.
- Strengthening the partnerships with various stakeholders from industry, R & D, financial institutions and academia enabling a complete spinoff of synergies with mutual support and outcome.
IIC Council Members
As per the Institutions Innovation Council, Ministry of Education guidelines the institute has to formulate the IIC council with internal and external members. The IIC council is comprised up of institute faculty as well as experts in the industry and incubation eco-system.
|S No||Name||Member Type||IIC Role|
|1||Dr. M. Shoban||Teaching||President|
|2||Dr Purushotham Prasad Kalisetti||Teaching||Vice President|
|3||Dr.P. Dileep Kumar Reddy||Teaching||Convener|
|4||Dr. N. Kavitha||Teaching||Innovation Activity Coordinator|
|5||Dr. Murugesan||Teaching||Internship Coordinator|
|6||Dr. K.Eswaramoorthy||Teaching||IPR & NIRF Coordinator|
|7||Mrs. Ch.Srilakshmi||Techning||Social Media Coordinator|
|8||Mr. Bhimappa Yadahalli||Techning||Startup Coordinator|
|9||V. Bhakar Reddy||External Expert||Industry Expert|
|10||G.Saritha||External Expert||Industry Expert|
|11||Kashi Rimpu||Student||Member, Incubation Centre|
|12||M Ajay Sai Kumar||Student||Member, IPR Coordinator|
|13||Shaik Jakeer||Student||Member, Social Media Coordinator|
|14||shiva kumar||Student||Member, Internship Coordinator|
|15||Navaz||Student||Member, Startup Coordinator|
|16||P Vinayak Yadav||Student||Member, Innovation Coordinator|
|17||K.spoorthi||Student||Member, Research Centre|
|18||Siddiqua Tabassum||Student||Member, ED Cell|
Narasimha Reddy Engineering College, Hyderabad established institutions innovation council in the 2018 for promoting different activities related to the innovation, IPR, Start-Up and entrepreneurship as per the guidelines of the ministry of education’s innovation council (MIC) and AICTE, New Delhi. MIC evaluate the annual performance of IIC institutions based on the IIC calendar activities and other initiatives adopted and rating the institutes with star rating every year. NRCM - IIC has been honoured with 4 Star rating for the academic year 2020–21 for its outstanding efforts in fostering an entrepreneurial mind-set at the Institute.
IIC Establishment Certificate
IIC 2.0 Star Rating Certificate
IIC 5.0 Star Rating Certificate
IIC 4.0 Star Rating Certificate
IIC 3.5 Star Rating Certificate